Table of Contents
District Magistrate Varinder Sharma issued detailed instructions late Friday evening regarding new guidelines issued by the Punjab government to prevent infection of the corona virus. These have different arrangements for each day. Special instructions have also been given regarding examinations along with marriage and funeral.
These new instructions will be applicable from Saturday itself. The old orders will continue to run from Monday to Friday, but there will be different arrangements on Saturday and Sunday, although necessary services are exempted in these prohibition orders.
Monday to Friday:
Except gazetted government holidays, from Monday to Friday, shops will be opened according to the old order and people will be able to move.
Saturdays and Gazetted Holidays:
All institutions, shops, shopping malls will be open from 7 am to 5 pm on Saturdays and all gazetted holidays.
– Shops of essential commodities like milk, vegetables, gas, medicines etc. will be open from 7 am to 7 pm.
– Wine contracts will be open from 8 am to 8 pm.
– Industry means factories will be allowed to run as usual.
– E-pass will be mandatory for movement of essential services between districts. There will be no need for any kind of medical emergency.
– There will be no restriction on the movement of employees working in government, private and industrial institutions.
– Only I-cards issued by their departmental institute will work for them.
– Sunday:Takeaway or home delivery from shops and hotels of essential commodities like milk, vegetables, gas, medicines, etc. can run from 7 am to 7 pm on Sunday.
– Apart from essential commodities and liquor shops, all kinds of shops, malls and other institutions will remain closed.