Performing a hard reset (also known as a factory reset) on an Itel A14 or any Android device will erase all data and return the device to its original factory settings. Please note that this process should only be used as a last resort, such as when you’ve forgotten your lock screen pattern, PIN, or password, or when the device is malfunctioning. Make sure to back up your important data before proceeding because it will be permanently deleted.
Here’s how to hard reset an Itel A14:
Method 1: Using the Settings Menu (if you can access the device)
1. Open the “Settings” app on your Itel A14.
2. Scroll down and tap on “System” or “System & Updates,” depending on your device’s software version.
3. Select “Reset.”
4. Choose “Factory data reset” or “Erase all data.”
5. Confirm your choice by entering your device’s PIN, pattern, or password if prompted.
6. Finally, tap on “Reset” or “Erase everything” to start the process.
The device will reboot, and once it’s done, it will be restored to its factory settings.
Method 2: Using Recovery Mode (if you can’t access the device)
If you can’t access the device’s settings menu, you can perform a hard reset using Recovery Mode. Here’s how:
1. Turn off your Itel A14.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Power button simultaneously until the Itel logo appears.
3. Once you see the recovery menu, use the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to select.
4. Navigate to the “Wipe data/factory reset” option and select it.
5. Confirm by selecting “Yes” or “Wipe all data.”
6. Wait for the process to complete. This may take a few minutes.
7. Once the reset is done, select “Reboot system now” to restart your Itel A14.
Your device will boot up with the factory settings restored.
Please keep in mind that performing a hard reset will erase all data on your device, including apps, settings, and personal files. Make sure to back up any important data before proceeding.